Reference Number: 9262903NDS
My client is currently seeking a Mine Opencast Production Manager for their Chrome Mine in the Limpopo region.
This role will occupy a key role in the local leadership team, reporting to the GM. The successful candidate will direct, control and develop the operation of the mine in accordance with the required legislative framework and appropriate industry practices.
• 3.1a Legal Appointment in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act
• Be a champion of the highest standards of safety and environmental behaviour and performance.
• Manage and control mining activity to achieve economic targets as planned for the Chrome Mine
• Actively manage contractor relationships to optimise performance, reliability and cost
• Manage other key external relationships as required, including the Mining Authorities
• Ensure that an appropriate team structure is in place to deliver optimal performance in the mine
• Manage/facilitate all mine-related projects as appropriate
• Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations
• Manage and control OPEX and CAPEX in accordance with approved plans.
• Deliver ROM tonnes and grades and deliver waste striping as in accordance with the annual plan and budget
• Recommend relevant benchmarks and identify best practices leading to these and improvement activities
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
• Mining Engineering degree will be an added advantage
• Open cut/pit blasting certificate is a pre-requisite
• Mine Manager ticket is a pre-requisite
• Proven 15 open pit mining experience essential
• Opencast Chrome mining experience and added advantage
• A proven manager with a strong track record (10 years’ experience) in the mining industry as an Open Pit Manager
• Strong contractors management background is a pre-requisite
• Strong experience in an open pit metal mining environment, with some exposure also to underground mining.
• Committed to the highest safety and environmental standards
• Experienced in leading and mentoring teams
• Good track record in managing contractor relationships, and other key external relationships
• An effective leader with good interpersonal skills at all levels, and an ability to resolve conflict
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English (written and verbal).
• A results-oriented individual who is committed to achieving targets.
• Able to work effectively under pressure
• Computer literate (MS package, MS Project)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent positon
- Market Related ZAR package on offer
- Commuting advised / relocation not really an option to due to remoteness of location
- Open to all South African citizens and foreigners with work permits /residency in country