My client requires the services of an experienced Mine Overseer at their underground mine to manage safety, quality and production – Ensuring production targets are met safely.
- Promote adherence to safety, health and environment procedures, identify unsafe and hazardous situations.
- Promote and enforce a culture of statutory compliance.
- Evaluate negative trends and introduce remedial solutions.
- Monitor and ensure operational adherence to regulations and standards
- Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing route cause analyses and take corrective actions.
- Plan, direct and assess quality management within function and implement remedial actions where necessary to ensure adherence to TQM principles.
- Identify cause for and prevent below standard operating conditions.
- Manage, control and improve production and mining operations, including: contractor performance, safety, quality, production, cost and continuous improvement.
- Determine, implement and monitor production strategies, policies and plans.
- Planning and monitoring of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, costs and labour
- Control the operation of production and quality procedures through planning of maintenance.
- Provide input into the development of the business plan.
- Analyse business plans and develop functional plans.
- Ensure operational readiness in terms of executing the business plan.
- Coordinate the technical disciplines.
- Monitor compliance to legislation and corporate governance
- Propose cost saving initiatives, keep up to date with the developments to improve process and increase production.
- Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance.
- Optimise the function's core internal processes and internal supply chain and resolve functional operating conflicts.
- Team coaching and creating a pro-learning environment, assess team needs and closing the gaps.
- Assess and resolve team dynamics concerns, maintain good relations with all team members, peers and external clients
- Grade 12
- Blasting Certificate
- Mine Overseer Certificate
- Mine Managers Certificate (Advantageous)
- 8 Years’ Miner and Shift Supervisor experience within an underground mining operation.
- Trackless, board and pillar experience essential
- 2 Years’ production management experience.
- Valid Code B / EB driver’s license.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Permanent Contract
- ZAR Market Related D2 Paterson grading
- Relocation to the Northern Cape offered
- HDSA candidates are encouraged to apply