Reference Number: LIB034
Our Client is seeking a Pit Superintendent, to ensure production and quality requirements are met and exceeded whilst complying with all safety requirements, rules and regulations. Effectively managing the mine contractors to achieve key KPI’S for safety and production in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure conformance to HSE standards
- Working with the mining contractor to ensure mutual success in operations.
- Ensuring that production plans, schedules and overall contract KPIs are met by the contractor, within the appropriate quality standards; ensuring that efficient operations and high productivity are maintained
- Supervising contractor activity on a day-today basis
- Supervising the short and medium-term plans at the open pit and ensuring that all production, safety and environmental targets are achieved by the contractor.
- Developing, implementing and controlling optimal management systems for the ‘drill and blast’ section and the ‘load and haul’ operation
- Recommend continuous improvement in terms of all main cost drivers Competence and education requirements.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill.
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Open Pit Mine Captain/Superintendent certificates from recognised government commission
- Ten years (10) extensive experience in an open pit mining environment, of which a minimum of 5 years should have been in a leadership role managing contractors.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong ability to plan, control and organise.
- Computer literate in Microsoft suit and special mining packages (Surpac, and Autocad) advantage
- Ability to manage a production department and liaise with peers in other sections
- Production data analysis to identify root cause of production shortfall
- Demonstrable understanding of relevant applicable legislations and Mining Regulations
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate contract
- USD Net salary
- FIFO 9/3 roster