Our client, a leader within the international mining community, is seeking a Head of Environment for their new project in the Northern Cape.
- Experience in the implementation of the provisions of the National Environmental
- Management: Biodiversity Act (NEMBA) and its associated provisions, regulations and norms and standards;
- Knowledge of Biodiversity and natural products sector knowledge;
- Knowledge of relevant environmental and other legislation;
- Understanding of social issues, macro and micro–economic principles and its application. Policy development and implementation experience;
- Knowledge of general government administrative, financial and procurement procedures.
- Project management;
- Research and analytical skills;
- In-depth understanding of environmental issues;
- Organizational and planning skills. Good communication skills both written and verbal. Leadership and management;
- Technical report writing.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Computer Literate
- Degree in Environmental Management/ Earth Sciences/ Engineering with Postgraduate Qualification
- 10 years’ experience in Environmental management within the mining sector
- Experience working with environmental regulatory authorities in South Africa
- Experience in Working with Senior Management on Environmental related issues
- Experience of Environmental risk analysis and management of existing and new projects
- 2- 3 year contract
- Housing will be provided
- South Africans or those eligible to work in South Africa will only be considered
- Must be able to work and live in a rural environment
Please apply directly or visit our website www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.Apply here