Our client, a leader within the international mining community, is seeking a Mine Geologist for their new mine in Northern Cape.
- Coordinate all production geology
- Geotechnical functions
- Interface with Mining, Process and Maintenance departments to ensure success of open pit mining and processing operations
- Assist in the training and up-skilling of local employees
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance
- Implement and manage grade control practices and systems
- Implement and manage stockpiling and blending strategies
- Complete regular reports
- Ensure that activities are carried out in adherence with company policies and procedure
- Actively promote a Health and Safety Culture on site
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor of Science (Geology), advanced degree preferred
- Proven track record in training and development
- Minimum 5 – 10 years mining experience
- Highly organized individual capable of prioritizing tasks
- Good communication and administration skills.
- Self-motivation, leadership and management skills.
- Advanced geological interpretive skills
- Understanding of geological processes
- Understanding of financial boundaries of mining operations
- Previous project experience
- Previous experience within a very rural setting
- 2- 3 year contract
- Housing will be provided
- South Africans and those eligible to work in South Africa will only be considered
Please apply directly or visit our website www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.Add here