Our client is currently involved in constructing one of the biggest open-pit mines in South Africa.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of instrumentation and automation projects during the construction and development of the mine.
- Lead the design and implementation of instrumentation and automation projects related to the process plant.
- Managing company and contractor activities in area of responsibility.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Ensure goals and objectives are met in a timeous manner.
- Leading and mentoring subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Automation.
- Project Management qualification essential.
- 7 years previous experience in instrumentation and automation project management within the mining industry.
- Experience working on a start-up / Greenfields project.
- Excellent English communication skills essential.
- Ability to lead and mentor a large team of subordinates from a diverse cultural background.
- Remote mine site experience essential.
- Relocation to the Northern Cape essential.
- 2 – 3 year contract with possible renewal thereafter.
- Housing provided.
- Start date ASAP.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit our website www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.